Here's What a Certified Gigabit City Really Means
We are building certified Gigabit Cities to provide Gigabit Fiber Internet to residential areas and businesses.
What does this mean for your family, household and business? Reliable internet, dedicated speeds to connect multiple devices at once, symmetrical upload and download speeds, and an increase to your home's value!
FiberMeFast is a 100% Fiber-to-the-home local internet provider within the IL/IA region and is powered by Geneseo Communications, Cambridge Telcom and Henry County Telephone Company out of Geneseo, IL. We want all of our customers to have access to the fastest internet technologies.
Certified Gigabit Communities
Coal Valley, IL
East Moline, IL
Rock Island, IL
Wolf Road, IL
Who's Next ?
There is no obligation when registering, it just lets us know you are interested in getting Fiber Fast!
FiberMeFast fiber improves everything about being online. Faster speeds, more capacity, no buffering, and no lag times, all equal a better online experience.
Did you catch that? IT'S UNLIMITED! That's right, no data caps, no overage fees. Use as much as you want! That's all we really need to say about that.
This is a BIG DEAL if you work or school from home. Simply put, you can upload that homework or that big presentation your boss is waiting on at the same speed as you downloaded the assignment.
With our fiber internet you can pair your favorite TV streaming services like YouTube TV, Netflix, Disney+ and more. Not sure which streaming service is right for you? No worries, we have a FREE tool that will help you decide which streaming provider is the right choice for your family.
GET FUTURE PROOF
What do we mean by Future Proof? Providing advanced communication connectivity ensures our customers are ready for the digital future, no matter what. The fact is the average home today has more than 6 connected devices, and that number is only expected to grow. Bring it on, with fiber you are ready!
- First, we need to construct our 100% all-fiber network to every home within the proposed fiber build area.
- Throughout the construction phases, you will see our crews locating underground utilities by marking yards and placing flags.
- Following that and pending weather, crews will begin the main fiber construction. Please note the construction phase is temporary, and we will do our best to minimize impact and restore unearthed areas.
- To maintain the integrity of our fiber we place it within protective conduit. This conduit is trenched to your address via a small splice that is barely visible. Before that process you will receive a door hanger with contact information for communicating any underground facilities such as sprinkler systems, dog fence, pump lines, driveway heating systems or other buried services.
- Fiber is unlimited which means no overage fees
- Fiber is dedicated, which means you aren't sharing your speed with your neighbor
- Fiber is symmetrical, which means you get the same upload speed as download
- Fiber is FAST, you can run multiple devices at once, watch separate HD movies at the same time, online shop to your hearts content, master the game without lag time plus more!
- Hand Hole
Hand holes are boxes in the ground where our teams can store and gain access to the fiber that will eventually be used to connect to your home. These boxes are placed between groups of homes along the roadway. They are flush to the ground, so you'll be able to mow over them. These will be placed within the right of way section of your property during the first part of construction.
- Splice with conduit to the side of your home
A fiber duct from that hand hole to your home will be spliced. To protect your fiber, we place it within protective conduit and bury it far enough underground to protect it from any yardwork disruption. The equipment we use to place this conduit makes a small slice in your yard that causes little above ground disruption.
- Splice Case
Our installation crew will determine the best place outside of your home for your new fiber to enter. This is typically in the same location as other utilities.
- Fiber inside your home
During the installation our crews will bring the fiber inside of your home, in most cases this fiber will be hidden from sight.
- Equipment inside your home
To harness the power of the fiber optics we equip your home with a state-of-the-art Optical Network Terminal ONT and wireless router. This equipment will be placed in an optimal location determined by you and the technician to provide you exceptional home WiFi service.
- 24/7/365 Support - A trained technician is available to help 24/7/365 by calling (800)852-3611. They will provide you technical support and help you troubleshoot your fiber or fixed wireless internet connectivity issues.
- On-site assistance - On-site service calls with a trained technician are completely free. Other providers charge hefty hourly rates that can really add up. Geneseo, Cambridge or Henry County Communications Tech Protect has you covered.